Friday, April 15, 2011

Spent

I spent my young years Dreaming
Dreaming of the day
When life and love and happiness
Would all come into play.

I spent my young years Wishing.
Wishing every moment passed.
So I could grow up faster,
And have my fun at last.

I spent my young years Dreaming.
Just dreaming of the day.
Then woke to find my young years
Had just been dreamed away.

I spent my middle years Hoping.
Hoping things would turn out right.
That all the mistakes that I had made
Would vanish over night.

I spent my middle years Trying.
Trying to reach those childhood dreams
Climbing ever up Life's scaffold
To reach the topmost beam.

I spent my middle years Hoping.
Hoping things would turn out right,
Then woke to find, in Life's long day
I was fast approaching night.

I spent my old years Praying.
Praying that God would forgive,
And when my day on earth was over
He'd take me home to live.

I spent my old years Searching.
Searching for the reason why,
We begin to grasp Life's meaning
Only when we come to die.

I spent my old years Praying.
Praying that God would forgive
Another soul who wasted life,
Who Dreamed, but failed to Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irreversable

half a league half a league half a league onward. . . a wind which whips the puddles dry. . .my friend you would not tell with such high zest. . . here where the world is silent. . .he took his vorpal sword in hand. . .nothing beside remains. . .the sun was shining on the sea. . . all the kings horses and all the kings men . . . lives of great men all remind us. . .

Once uttered, the words can't be unsaid
Once thought, a thoughts un-unthinkable
The written word can't be unread
A dream, once dreamt is unsinkable

So exposed our lives are filled
With a richness incomparable,
Which in time will always yeild
A damage unrepairable.

Followers