Wednesday, January 14, 2009

a calvin and hobbes poem

I made a big decision a little while ago.
I don't remember what it was,
Which prob'ly goes to show
That many times a simple choice
Can prove to be essential
Even though it often
Might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted
When I left my home because
Left or right I'm sure I went.
(I wonder which it was!)
Anyway, I never veered:
I walked in that direction
Utterly absorbed it seems,
In quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of,
I've wandered far astray.
And that is how I got
To where I find myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irreversable

half a league half a league half a league onward. . . a wind which whips the puddles dry. . .my friend you would not tell with such high zest. . . here where the world is silent. . .he took his vorpal sword in hand. . .nothing beside remains. . .the sun was shining on the sea. . . all the kings horses and all the kings men . . . lives of great men all remind us. . .

Once uttered, the words can't be unsaid
Once thought, a thoughts un-unthinkable
The written word can't be unread
A dream, once dreamt is unsinkable

So exposed our lives are filled
With a richness incomparable,
Which in time will always yeild
A damage unrepairable.

Followers