Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm a bit morbid at times

The Dead Lay Buried Deep

The dead lay buried deep
The past now locked away

Some cry and mourn and weep
I would forget the day.

The dead were buried deep
My hopes with them were lain

The grave will always keep
It's memory of the slain.

Though they are buried deep
And can no longer rise

Their spirits soar and leap
Unbound by mortal ties.

Oh to lay buried deep
To share their fateful end

But I alone must weep
My true and faithful friend.

Soon I'll be buried deep
In my place beneath the grave

The price we pay is steep
To walk among the brave.

mnb

1 comment:

  1. lol...I'm glad you're doing a "rhy(me)" blog! Especially after all those laughable ones we read the other day! Love ya -- night!

    ReplyDelete

Irreversable

half a league half a league half a league onward. . . a wind which whips the puddles dry. . .my friend you would not tell with such high zest. . . here where the world is silent. . .he took his vorpal sword in hand. . .nothing beside remains. . .the sun was shining on the sea. . . all the kings horses and all the kings men . . . lives of great men all remind us. . .

Once uttered, the words can't be unsaid
Once thought, a thoughts un-unthinkable
The written word can't be unread
A dream, once dreamt is unsinkable

So exposed our lives are filled
With a richness incomparable,
Which in time will always yeild
A damage unrepairable.

Followers