Sunday, January 25, 2009

depressing

So I wrote this little ray of sunshine on a night when I was frazzled, depressed, and generally "femininely moody". I shall not give particulars, but it was circling round in my head last night, (after a very bad day at work.) So don't worry about me, I'm fine, just feel like posting this.

NO TITLE

Today I saw the saddest girl
the world has ever seen.
Her face, the holding place of
unwept tears, unrealized dreams.

Her eyes were pools of sorrow.
Face lined by secret fears.
Her mouth -- held closed and silent
hadn't truly smiled in years.

It made me weep to watch her,
so I slowly turned away.
Then she vanished from the mirror
until another day.

mnb

1 comment:

  1. Ah, babe, this is so sad. :-( But I like it. :-) It kind of reminds me of a post I wrote like five or six years ago on my other (long-unused) site, heathersart.diaryland.com. You think the coolest thoughts with your poetry. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Irreversable

half a league half a league half a league onward. . . a wind which whips the puddles dry. . .my friend you would not tell with such high zest. . . here where the world is silent. . .he took his vorpal sword in hand. . .nothing beside remains. . .the sun was shining on the sea. . . all the kings horses and all the kings men . . . lives of great men all remind us. . .

Once uttered, the words can't be unsaid
Once thought, a thoughts un-unthinkable
The written word can't be unread
A dream, once dreamt is unsinkable

So exposed our lives are filled
With a richness incomparable,
Which in time will always yeild
A damage unrepairable.

Followers