Thursday, January 15, 2009

something of a complaint from freshman year.

Up and down

Up and down I often wander.
Up and down I ever go.
Up and down the stairs I journey.
Up and down and to and fro.

Up and down what does it gain me?
Not a pound I’ll merit that.
Up and down a drumming rhythm.
Meant to keep away the fat.

Up and down in quick succession.
Take the stairs and change your fate.
Up and down a short recession.
From the looming shroud of weight!

Up and down the blood is pumping.
Why must these dratted stairs I take?
Up and down but with good reason.
I take the stairs ‘cause I took the cake.

Up and down this constant climbing.
Of theses stairs in any shoes.
Up and down I must be careful.
Lest I fall and claim a bruise.

Up and down like all have told me.
It’s the student’s lot it seems.
Up and down, ‘cause we are fearful.
Of the dreaded "freshmen fifteen."

Up and down till knees are shaking.
Up and down till legs give in.
Up and down ‘cause teachers told us.
Elevators are a sin.

Up and down my fate forever.
Up and down my end will be.
Up and down till I have vanished.
A stain on the stairwell is all you see.

mnb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irreversable

half a league half a league half a league onward. . . a wind which whips the puddles dry. . .my friend you would not tell with such high zest. . . here where the world is silent. . .he took his vorpal sword in hand. . .nothing beside remains. . .the sun was shining on the sea. . . all the kings horses and all the kings men . . . lives of great men all remind us. . .

Once uttered, the words can't be unsaid
Once thought, a thoughts un-unthinkable
The written word can't be unread
A dream, once dreamt is unsinkable

So exposed our lives are filled
With a richness incomparable,
Which in time will always yeild
A damage unrepairable.

Followers